Town are tight as hell, brilliant musicians, fun to watch, engaging and passionate. Together they create a unique sound that I can only describe as dark cabaret that you can imagine being performed on a fictional pirate ship off the coast of New Orleans in a Tarantino film that doesn’t exist.
With 17 Years under his belt as a pianist, vocalist and musician, Ant Syms and his band TOWN have been hard at work writing, playing and creating music that hopes todeliver a punch to the alternative folk / rock soundscape.
With bassist Mark Davies and drummer Richard Graves, TOWN draw influence from a diverse blend of punk, rock, jazz, blues and soul.
Led by by piano and vocals, driven by rock drums and grounded by double bass and bow,
The music is defined by a unique mix of heart felt tributes, waltzy ballads, boot stomping rock and slow building moody tension.
The sounds evoke imagery of dark alley ways and howling dogs, broken bottles and hearts, battles lost and things found.
Where roads cross and paths meet, where the lights are dim and Whiskey is your Sin.
Welcome to TOWN.
Town – Toil BalconyTV Sunshine Coast
Town performing Neil Young’s Southern Man @ The Majestic Theatre, Pomona for Tonight’s the Night Neil Young/Farm Aid Evening – November 3rd, 2018
Town perform I Want You – Beatles Tribute Fundraiser
- Solbar, Maroochydore
- Piano Bar, Maroochydore
- New Globe Theatre, Fortitude Valley
- Bluesfest Busking Competition (Semi-Finals)
- Caloundra Music Festival
- Cooroy Originals
- On a Night Like This – Bob Dylan Birthday Tribute (Sunny Coast Muso Collective)
- Tonight’s the Night – Neil Young Tribute Fundraiser (Sunny Coast Muso Collective)
- Headline for TURNUP Music Conference (Solbar)
- Full Moon Dance – Verrierdale
- Tramfest Nambour
- Opening Support for Vaudeville Smash (Solbar)
- Rebel Roundup – Timewarp Festival
- With a little help from my Friends – Beatles Tribute Fundraiser (Sunny Coast Muso Collective)
- Grown Woman – Performing Live with Burlesque Show